EFB is a not-for-profit Association registered in France with the French Government (Association Loi 1901). It is also recognized by the Royal Government of Cambodia. As an French association, the Ecole Francaise de Battambang is governed by a Board of Directors whose activities are prescribed by law and best practices.
Board members volunteer their time to the EFB. They are not compensated and do not derive any financial benefit from the EFB.
The Board is responsible for:
- Developing a strategy and vision for the EFB
- Oversight of the school’s activities
- Recruitment and supervision of the Head of School
- Enacting EFB mission statement that guides school policies, which are implemented by the school’s administration
- The financial operations of the EFB, including its capital assets, operating budgets and fundraising.